Monday, March 24, 2008

better image of Lot's Wife

I am debating whether or not I should fix it. (See the older post about how it self destructed). What do you think? I'm not sure if it is successful and engaging, or if it's something I just had to get out of my system in order to move on to new ideas. I'd like to know (honestly) how other people feel about this thing. Because the broken pieces are taking up space in my studio, so I'd like to either fix it or just trash it and be satisfied with having the documentation.


salt, rigid polyurethane foam, mirror

3 comments:

McGuff said...

I like it and would suggest fixing it. However, there may be something symbolic in its current state...

Alicia Eggert said...

My sentiments exactly. I would feel happy with the pieces if they were solid salt, but they have this ugly yellow foam inside. I almost want to redo it in solid salt and resin and then break it again on purpose.

Anonymous said...

I think It your best and most powerful work. Maybe if you restore it you can add a new dimension to it...... Cheers.