Saturday, April 19, 2008

artist auditions


This is actually something that took place a while back when I was in Portland, but I just found their website while I was google searching my own name. Basically, artists that were interested in participating had to do all this crazy stuff... show up in weird places at weird times and complete really random assignments. Eventually they narrowed it down and eliminated people, and chose just a few artists to showcase in the final exhibition. But the process was really fun. This is something  I made when I was involved... it's a pop-up with a monkey and Hulk Hogan that are the same size (they gave us a square white piece of posterboard and we had 24 hours to make something with it, and I found both of these pictures in the current issue of National Geographic magazine).

No comments: