Saturday, January 8, 2011

Before I die I want to...

Apropos of New Years resolutions... I recently stumbled upon a website that posts polaroids of people saying what they want to do before they die. It's amazing how many people say they want to write a book, travel, go to outer space, go skydiving, own a dog, be in love, or have babies. After looking through hundreds of these photos I realized I was getting frustrated by the fact that I wasn't coming across many statements that were unique or profound. I was actually surprised at how many of the things people stated are things that I have already done. But I guess that, when it comes down to it, no answer to this question could ever be that profound. There are certain limits to what a person can accomplish in life. And in the great scheme of things, publishing a book or having babies isn't really that remarkable. Everything that needs to be done has already been done.




No comments: