Thursday, April 29, 2010

some progress on eternity

Mike and I have been working hard to finish Eternity before we move out of our studio (we are hoping to have an opening/closing party on May 14 or 16th). We used a piece of scrap wood leftover from the ceiling of our Grand Opening For Gravity installation to test the spacing and attachment of the clock motors (the real deal will be made of white plexiglas). We attached wires to all the battery terminals and are waiting for the power supplies to come in the mail. There will be four adapters that connect to 8-12 motors each (wired in series), and they will all plug in to a single power strip. Hopefully when we flip the switch all the clocks will start ticking at the exact same moment...which will scramble the word immediately, since some of those black lines forming the letters are made of second hands. We're keeping our fingers crossed that all goes as planned!
(click on the photos to enlarge them)

1 comment:

McGuff said...

seems like a lot of math. You sure you're up for it. ;)