Sunday, November 2, 2008

Alaska blows my mind

I have been continuously posting ads on regional Craigslist sites, asking for pictures of the horizon from people who live in those different places (in exchange, I email them an image of my horizon here in Alfred). I've been going down the list of cities alphabetically, and recently posted to and received images from Alaska. I can't believe people live in such a place...



My most recent idea for these photos (which came from a suggestion made by Jessica Cappiello) is to line the walls of a room with them, so that the horizon lines match up from picture to picture and formed a horizontal band. And the band would be at the perfect height so that the same line would also match up with the horizon line outside - as seen through a window in the room if you stood in the right spot. 

No comments: